Beaverton Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!)
The Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce launched Oregon’s first Young Entrepreneur Academy (YEA!) in November 2013. Since then we have proudly graduated 24 CEOs and launched 17 businesses. We are starting our third year October 27th and we are looking for Middle and High School students who have thought about and want to start their own REAL business. Learn more about the YEA! program in this YEA! information…
YEA! is designed to inspire 6th through 12th grade students in Beaverton to become successful contributors to the local community and economy, by bringing their innovative business ideas to life! Students attend an after-school class once a week. Over the course of a year, YEA! students hear local guest speakers, attend seminars, and tour real businesses in Beaverton to learn the skills and knowledge necessary to operate a legal, fully fledged business! Investors and business mentors within Beaverton work to support Beaverton’s young entrepreneurs in their quest to create and run their business successfully. YEA! provides students with an invaluable opportunity to gain professional experience unattainable in a classroom, and benefits the community by allowing established businesses to collaborate in support of a growing economy in Beaverton.
Interested in participating in the 2017 – 2018 Beaverton YEA! class? Email Evelyn Orr with your name, contact info, school name and grade level.
Huge congratulations to CEO of Safe with Me Now, Jessica Yu, our first place winner – 2016.
Our 2016 Beaverton YEA! graduate Jessica Yu made the news again with her life saving idea. Congratulations Jessica! Our chamber and chamber partners are exited and ready in continuing to help her on her journey to the production and release of her product. If you are or know of a middle or high school student who has a desire to be an entrepreneur, please apply here.
Investor Panel Event April 5th Beaverton City Library – RSVP Online Here
Trade Show May 16th The Round
Graduation May 23rd Big Al’s
- KATU2 News, July 11, 2016: “West Linn Sophomore Invents Way to Prevent Child Deaths in Too-Hot Cars”
- Beaverton Valley Times, June 2, 2016: “Beaverton Entrepreneur Banks on Saving Lives”
- Beaverton Valley Times, June 2, 2016: “Early College Offers New Start”
- OregonLive, May 24, 2016: “West Linn Student Invents Electronic System to Detect a Child Left in a Car Seat”
- Beaverton Valley Times, June 18, 2015: “A Passion for Youth: Evelyn Orr and Beaverton Young Entrepreneurs Academy”
- Beaverton Valley Times, May 12, 2015: “Young Entrepreneurs Academy kids launch businesses at Beaverton Farmers Market”
- Beaverton Valley Times, April 22, 2015: “Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce celebrates Young Entrepreneurs Academy”
- Beaverton Valley Times, April 6, 2015: “Beaverton Area Chamber of Commerce hosts Young Entrepreneurs Academy Investor Panel Wednesday”
- Beaverton Resource Guide, September 1, 2014: “YEA Business Spotlight: My Heavenly Helpers”
- KGW, June 27, 2014: “Tigard Teen Launched Greeting Card Business” (video)
- OregonLive, May 31, 2014: “Beaverton students showcase fledgling businesses in first Beaverton Young Entrepreneurs Academy tradeshow” (video)
- OregonLive, April 16, 2014: “Beaverton Young Entrepreneurs Academy: Local students win money from Beaverton-area investors” (video)
- Beaverton Valley Times, April 23, 2014: “Down to Business”
- Beaverton Valley Times, April 11, 2014: “Learning the Ropes”
- Beaverton Valley Times, May 16, 2013: “Young Entrepreneurs Unite!”
- KGW, April 22, 2013: “Beaverton Students Offered Business Program” (video)
- OregonLive, April 19, 2013: “Beaverton Chamber of Commerce opens applications for Oregon’s first Young Entrepreneurs Academy”
- About a YEA! Business: My Heavenly Helpers
- Beaverton School District
- Oregonians Credit Union Press Release
- Rogue River Consulting (2013 Mentor)